Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Green smoothie: a healthy morning






It is a drink I do winter and summer if I need to watch my weight or not.
I have green smoothie for my breakfast and it gives me energy I need for the whole day.
It can be made with seasonal fruits or with fruits you prefer.
Doctors keep telling us we should eat five serving fruits and vegetables a day, it is an excellent way to do so.

 Smoothies are almost made everywhere in the world and adapted to local fruits. I think of Indian lassi or Morocco avocado and almond juice.
Smoothies are a must have for breakfasts or snacks.

For a full energy you will need:

Ingredients (serve 2 or 3)

  • 1 apple
  • 2 ripe pears
  • 3 ripe kiwis
  • Half a lime
  • 5/6 lettuce leaves
  • 30 cl or 1 cup fresh apple juice with no added sugar


Method:

Wash your fruits and peel them. Cut into cubes.

Wash the salad leaves. Chop roughly.

In the bowl of a blender, put the cut fruits and salad leaves.

Squeeze the lime juice and add the apple juice.

Blend well.

If the preparation is a little bit compact to your taste, add some apple juice.

Serve cold and consume preferably the same day.

Tips:

You can use the centrifuge for this smoothie. In this case you will not have fruit pulp.
You can also add a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup in your drink.
Instead of lettuce you can use others green leaves such as spinach, watercress or corn salad.
Grapes can be used too. In this case strain the juice to get rid of skin.


Thank you for reading and for your comments.
Take good care of you

No comments:

Post a Comment